These bars have a thick graham cracker crust and a luscious lemon blueberry filling on top. The filling is silky, smooth, and cool. The tart lemon filling gets a juicy pop of sweetness from the fresh, plump blueberries. Serve the bars chilled for a refreshing summer treat.
For the crust:
- One lemon’s zest
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
To make the filling:
- 2 large yolks of eggs
- sweetened condensed milk 14 oz.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray. Place aside.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and lemon zest in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until the graham cracker crumbs are moistened.
- Firmly press crumbs into the prepared pan. For 10 minutes, bake the graham cracker crust.
- Allow cooling to room temperature after removing from the oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and condensed milk to make the filling. Mix in the lemon juice and zest. Stir until the mixture is smooth and begins to thicken slightly.
- Fold in the blueberries gently. Evenly spread the lemon blueberry filling over the graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the centre is just set.
- Allow cooling to room temperature before chilling for at least one hour before serving. Serve cut into bars.
Calories: 177 cal, Protein: 3g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 44mg, Sodium: 122mg, Potassium: 123mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 20g, Vitamin A: 235IU, Vitamin C: 5mg, Calcium: 81mg, Iron: 1mg