Peanut Butter S’mores Bars have graham cracker cookie crust, marshmallows, peanut butter, and peanut butter cups! These simple s’mores bars are a tasty treat for the entire family!
Let me tell you about Peanut Butter S’mores Bars! Oh, yes, I took my favourite s’mores combination and turned it into a fun bar treat you can make without a campfire! This simple s’mores bar recipe is a family favourite dessert. The bars have a simple graham cracker cookie crust, a layer of marshmallow creme, creamy peanut butter, and then lots of peanut butter cups and another layer of graham cracker cookie dough on top. Oh, and a pinch of sea salt to bring the sweet and salty flavours together. HEAVEN on S’mores!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 7-ounce container of Marshmallow Creme PLUS 12 cups (you will need to buy two 7-ounce containers)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 24 peanut butter cups (I use Reese’s snack size)
Making Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
- Spray a 913-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the bars from the pan once they’ve cooled.
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs are required. You can make graham cracker crumbs in a food processor, or you can crush them with a rolling pin in a large plastic bag with a zip top. 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs require 16 full sheets of graham crackers.
- Combine the crushed graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients on low until just combined.
- Cut the dough in half. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan until it is evenly flattened. If the dough is too sticky, spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray or lightly dampen them.
- You’ll need a 7-ounce jar of marshmallow creme PLUS 12 cups, so get two. REMOVE THE REGULAR MARSHMALLOWS. They will not melt and become gooey like marshmallow cream.
- Spread an even layer of marshmallow fluff on top of the cookie dough base with a spatula.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter for 30 seconds. Drizzle the peanut butter over the marshmallow topping. • Arrange the peanut butter cups in rows on top of the marshmallow fluff and peanut butter.
- Gently flatten and press the remaining dough over the tops of the peanut butter cups, making sure to cover the majority of them. It will be a thin layer of dough on top, which is fine; do your best to spread it evenly across the entire pan. It’s okay if there are a few holes.
- Bake the bars until golden brown, about 32 to 37 minutes. It’s fine if some marshmallow puffs up outside the bars. It will settle as it cools, and it looks nice on the bars! The marshmallow peeking through the bars is adorable.
- Allow the bars to cool completely. Remove the parchment paper from the pan. Cut the bars into squares to serve.
How to Keep Peanut Butter S’mores Bars Fresh
The peanut butter s’mores bars can be stored on the counter for up to four days, covered. These s’mores bars can also be frozen. Cool completely before placing in a freezer bag or wrapping in plastic wrap and foil. The bars can be frozen for up to 2 months. Before serving, defrost.
You can cut this recipe in half and bake it in an 8-inch pan, but I highly recommend making the full recipe because these bars are SO good!
The ideal dessert to share!
You’ll love these s’more bars because you don’t have to start a campfire or go camping to make them; you can make them in your kitchen at any time of year! The bars are soft and gooey, with a strong peanut butter flavour. When you cut into the bars and see a big peanut butter cup and oozing marshmallows, you’ll be overjoyed!
These s’mores bars are ideal for entertaining family and friends. The bars are portable, so you can take them to parties or keep the entire pan to yourself. If you don’t share, I won’t tell anyone. I completely comprehend:)
Calories: 339kcal, Carbohydrates: 44g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 35mg, Sodium: 190mg, Potassium: 159mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 29g, Vitamin A: 265IU, Vitamin C: 0.1mg, Calcium: 46mg, Iron: 1.3